Happy New Year!
I appreciate the opportunity to reflect on the great work of my colleagues. Our students are so fortunate to have access to staff and faculty who dedicate every day to facilitating their education and ensuring a future that aligns with their career goals. In 2018 I am especially thankful for the quality people at WSU who have made the last year productive! Graduate Studies and distance students in Rochester and beyond will benefit from the hard work of faculty and staff. I am most excited about the new programs developed and updated this year.
A brief overview of the new opportunities this year at WSU!
- Graduate – worth the wait https://www.winona.edu/gradstudies/
- Revamped and ready to serve: Master’s in education (MEd), https://www.winona.edu/rochester/education/msed.asp
- The highly anticipated Education Doctorate (EdD) https://www.winona.edu/doctor-education/
- Meeting the industry standard in Athletic Training: Master of Science in Athletic Training (MSAT), https://www.winona.edu/athletic-training/
- Responding to the regional mental health needs: DNP-Psych/Mental Health https://www.winona.edu/graduatenursing/doctor.asp
- The long anticipated Master of Social Work (MSW), https://www.winona.edu/rochester/social-work/graduate.asp
- Undergraduate – programs revamped and more accessible! Contact Sammie at SDEckerson@winona.edu to help with your application to WSU!!
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration is accredited by AACSB and will prepare students for careers in management and administration in all types of organizations. Email email@example.com for more information.
- The Early Childhood Education completion program will prepare students to teach young children from birth through Grade 3 and includes all of the courses needed for an early childhood education license. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Spring entry Bachelor of Social Work hybrid program completion program will prepare students to work as a social worker. Email either email@example.com or SDEckerson@winona.edu
- Stay tuned, we have a lot of business outreach opportunities with workshops and custom training!! https://www.winona.edu/adult-learners/, https://www.winona.edu/distance-learning/
As I reflect on a productive 2018 and look forward to 2019 I would like to expand my commitments this year to communicate more about students/graduates and host community discussions. Specifically:
- Engage with students and telling the stories, I welcome your recommendations on stories that share a more diverse and complete picture of the many students we serve at WSU Rochester! https://wordpress.com/view/educationlifestories.blog
- Communication– conversation time (if you have a topic or additional time to add – let me know and we will make it happen!!)
- February 12th at 2 p.m. – Graduate Student Experience University Committee. If you are a graduate student and would like to join in the discussion, connect with Dr. Joel Traver firstname.lastname@example.org to come (or web-conference) with the group!
- February 12th at 4 p.m. – meet the WSU Rochester Advisory Group, talk about planning and engagement. We meet every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m.
- Friday March 29th at 10 a.m. (place – TBD) morning coffee – Rochester and Distant Orientation options
I am looking forward to our time together. Let’s make 2019 as amazing as 2018!!